XFL Best Bets Week 2
The XFL season is currently underway, and for those jonesing for football, it presents a prime opportunity to indulge in the sport. However, why settle for merely spectating when there’s the added possibility of betting on the games as well? During the NFL season, we made picks for each game and won 58% against the spread. That catapulted us to the top of Tallysight’s most accurate handicapper rankings. We also took the top position in Fantasy Nerd’s accuracy ratings for selecting outright winners. By modifying our NFL model, which simulates each game 10,000 times, we have adapted it to cater to the XFL, and we’re utilizing it to make picks against the spread, over/under the total, and the moneyline. Unlike our approach for the NFL, where we offered detailed game analysis, we’ll only be providing exclusive picks for our XFL predictions, because that’s what we’re all here for anyway.
Sports betting has given a boost to many aspects of the game and helped some leagues find a bigger audience. I feel the same thing could happen with the XFL. People miss football but have no real connection to this new league yet. Many websites where you can bet on NFL games are starting to put out NFL draft and future bets along with XFL odds, which in my opinion could help jump-start the league.
The following are my picks for week 2
- DC Defenders +3 at Vegas Vipers
- Orlando Guardians +3.5 vs San Antonio Brahmas
- Houston Roughnecks -5 vs Arlington Renegades
- DC Defenders at Vegas Vipers- Over 34.5
- San Antonio Brahmas at Orlando Guardians- Under 37.5
- Arlington Renegades at Houston Roughnecks- Under 40
- DC Defenders +140
- Orlando Guardian +155
- Houston Roughnecks -200
What is the difference between NFL and XFL?
- Rule Differences: The XFL has implemented some rule differences to make the game more fast-paced and exciting, including a shorter play clock, modified kickoffs, and the option for teams to go for one, two, or three-point conversions after scoring a touchdown. The NFL generally adheres to traditional football rules, with the exception of occasional experimental rule changes in preseason games.
- Scoring Value difference: In the NFL, the extra point kick is worth one point, while a two-point conversion (where the team attempts to score a touchdown from the two-yard line) is worth two points. In the XFL, a team has the option to attempt a one-point conversion from the two-yard line, a two-point conversion from the five-yard line, or a three-point conversion from the 10-yard line.
- Talent Level: The NFL features the highest level of professional football talent in the world, with players typically having played college football and often being drafted into the NFL. The XFL’s talent pool is more varied, featuring players who may not have made it into the NFL or who are seeking another chance to play professional football.
- Popularity and Media Coverage: The NFL is one of the most popular and widely followed sports leagues in the world, with billions of dollars in revenue and extensive media coverage. The XFL, while popular in its first season, did not achieve the same level of success and media attention, with many football fans choosing to stick with the NFL.
Doug Burrell finished 2022 as Fantasy Nerd’s Most Accurate Expert in NFL Picks and Tallysight’s #1 ranked expert Against the Spread Expert out of 200+ experts. He is a veteran, a runner and an avid fantasy sports enthusiast since 1999. You can reach him on Twitter @dougwburrell.
Doug is a veteran, an avid runner, and works as a copywriter. He lives in North Carolina with his wife and three dogs. You can reach him on Twitter @dougwburrell.