Waiver Wire Week 7
This weeks waiver wire will be shorter than most of mine as a result of me being early on guys and already having mentioned them in previous weeks, like Alex Collins, Khalil Herbert, Rashod Bateman, Ricky Seals-Jones, and Rhamondre Stevenson, or guys who are more than 50% rostered and do not qualify to be featured. Below are guys who fit the criteria for my waiver wire articles and can help you moving forward.
*All rostered percentages are from Sleeper and all players must be less than 50% rostered to qualify.
Quarterback 26% rostered
Tua isn’t going to set the fantasy world on fire, but he should be a serviceable Quarterback for you during bye weeks and injuries for two out of the next three weeks against the Falcons Week seven and Texans Week 9. Tua returned and put up 25 points in a game where he threw the ball 47 times, throwing for 300 yards and rushing for 22 yards. Preston Williams and Devante Parker will possibly be back this week and Will Fuller should be back for Week nines contest against the lowly Texans.
Running Back 16% rostered
Running Back 14% rostered
Kareem Hunt went down with a multi-week injury this week and if Nick Chubb misses again, it will be a combination of these two guys for next week. The Browns are a run-heavy team by design, especially with Baker Mayfield dealing with an injury, maybe even missing time. Expect Johnson to be the preferred runner with Felton mixing in and most likely taking the work on passing down situations as the superior pass catcher. If Odell Beckham Jr. (OBJ) misses Thursday’s game, I would actually prefer Felton, even though Johnson will be the more popular bid.
Wide Receiver 7% rostered
It’s a crazy week when you have three Browns in your waiver wire article, but DPJ, as the cool kids call him, has steadily improved the past two weeks and it’s fair to consider if he can pass OBJ in the pecking order by seasons end as OBJ again is dealing with injuries. If OBJ does miss Thursday’s game, then DPJ will be the de-facto number one option in the passing game. With a whopping six teams on by weeks this week, most of the season, DPJ could be a nice fill-in for this week with a nice upside for the rest of the season.
Wide Receiver 45% rostered
T.Y. Hilton had a classic Hilton game if I’ve ever seen one. Looked great, but then quickly got hurt again. But here is what we do know…Carson Wentz has looked great, early reports indicate Hilton will be fine and Parris Campbell is now out with a significant injury. As I said above, with Week seven being the biggest bye week of the season, if he ends up playing, Hilton would be one of the better bye week fillers for this week.
Tight End 17% rostered
Freiermuth has out-performed Eric Ebron in nearly every facet of the game so far this year, but what has my interest piqued is the one variable this week that wasn’t a factor before…No Ju-Ju Smith-Schuster. In JuJu’s absence, Freiermuth had his best game yet catching all seven targets for 58 yards. The Steelers have a bye this week, so he won’t be able to help you this upcoming week but it could be worth being a week early on him.
- If Latavius Murray misses this week, I think the Ravens backfield will be utilized as such: 1) Devonta Freeman 2) TySon Williams 3) Leveon Bell.
- I have been seeing Rashaad Penny come up in talks again since he is set to return from IR, but I am leaving him on the wire. Collins is the alpha and Deejay Dallas looked great as a receiving option out of the backfield and think Penny will be a non-factor.
- My late-round rookie man-crush Nico Collins showed us a glimpse of what he can do dropping a 6 target 4-44 line. If I am in a deep league and searching for upside whether it be I lost guys to injuries or bye weeks, it could be worth stashing Collins in the event he gets more involved with a team that should be playing catch up all year.
- Talking about streamers for those of you in deeper leagues, Van Jefferson draws the Lions next week and is currently sporting a little pattern. One great week followed by two bad weeks, and guess what week is up against the Lions…the good one.
- Mo Alie-Cox has been trending up lately and could be a solid choice if you have to stream a tight end in Week 7.
Brandon aka @Doublehfantasy1 has been playing fantasy football (and winning championships) since 2002. He has a special place in his heart for larger leagues and lives by the motto, “If you’re in a 10 team league, first thing you should do as commissioner is add more people”. Brandon is dedicated to providing deeper analysis on players after years of seeing useless vanilla takes all over the mainstream fantasy world for years. Brandon is a life long South Jersey resident but the only thing he loves more than a good beer is the Buccaneers. Go Bucs!