Welcome to the Gridiron Experts Ultimate Guide to Monday Night. Whether you are a fan of the teams doing battle, have fantasy football or gaming implications, or you’re simply looking for creative ways to increase your alcohol intake during the Monday Night Football telecast, we’ve got you covered. In a game that looked a lot more compelling when the schedule was initially released, Week 7 brings us the 1-4 Minnesota Vikings against the 0-6 New York Giants.
Minnesota Vikings at New York Giants (-3.5)
With the struggles of both defenses to date in 2013, a high-scoring affair on Monday night seems like a strong possibility. Eli Manning has a good chance to get himself back on track against a poor Vikings defense and I expect him to play well. However, look for Adrian Peterson to put on a show and for Josh Freeman to do just enough to keep the Vikings close. Ultimately, New York should be able to pull out its first victory of the season in front of its home crowd in primetime, but I’ll take Minnesota and the points as my official pick.
New York 27, Minnesota 24
MNF Drinking Game
The matchup on the football field doesn’t have to be the only game in town on Monday night. Get a group together, grab your favorite beer and a bottle of liquor, and enjoy the Gridiron Experts MNF Drinking Game.
- Take one drink for every run of greater than 10 yards
- Take one drink for every pass play of greater than 20 yards
- Take one shot for every Vikings handoff to someone other than Adrian Peterson
- Take one drink for every Josh Freeman pass attempt
- Take one shot for every Eli Manning interception
- Take one drink for every Victor Cruz reception
- Take one shot for every view of the New York City skyline in the telecast
- Take one drink every time you see or hear “MetLife” (including commercials)
- Take one shot for every reference to Gruden’s Grinders
Beer of the Week
The Beer of the Week represents a tasty offering from the city/region hosting the week’s Monday Night Football contest. Feel free to incorporate the Beer of the Week into the MNF Drinking Game.
Brooklyn Lager – Though the game is technically being played in New Jersey, the Brooklyn Brewery is only about 30 minutes from MetLife Stadium and Brooklyn Lager represents the region well. The brewery combines a classic Viennese-style lager – a regional favorite dating back to the late 1800’s – with a dry-hopping technique that gives Brooklyn Lager its unique characteristics. The result is a balanced flavor of malt and hops, with yeasty, almost biscuit-like notes and hints of citrus. The refreshing and easy-drinking 5.2% ABV lager makes for a great selection as Monday Night Football makes its only trip to New York in 2013.