Ladarius Green: His Headaches Are Causing You Pain
“I am not a doctor, so I couldn’t tell you. I don’t think I am more susceptible [to concussions]. I don’t think I had bad concussion problems. I had some. My main attention is to get back on the field with my ankle,” Pittsburgh Steelers Ladarius Green said to reporters.
So what’s going on here? How did we go from loving Tight End Ladarius Green in Fantasy to passing over him in drafts due to severe concussion problems and headaches?
Answer: NFL Network had reported on Aug. 11 that Green was on the team’s physically unable to perform list because of headaches.
Yet, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin stressed on Aug. 12 that Green was on the PUP list solely for his ankle, for which the tight end underwent surgery in January to insert two plates. Tomlin said last Monday that he did not have any players on his roster currently under the concussion protocol.
So who do we trust?
Nowadays, it’s not quality over quantity; it’s who can report it first. While I’m not pointing the finger at the NFL Network as they must have had a source to report such news, the head coach and player have disputed a report since then. Feels like someone is not telling the whole story here, and Green’s fantasy value has slipped because of it.
Let’s be optimistic and stick to the facts.
Speaking of the facts, let’s remember why we liked Ladarius Green in fantasy this year, to begin with.
Ladarius Green Fantasy
Height 6’6” / Weight 240lbs / Age 26
Here is why Ladarius Green will be sharper than steel in 2016.
- Green started in three games last season when Antonio Gates was out, his numbers during those games, 14 catches for 184 yards and two touchdowns.
- Those numbers throughout the course of an entire season are 73-976-11.
- Green is 6’6” 240 pounds and runs a 4.5 forty-yard dash.
- Green has averaged 14.1 yards per catch throughout his career.
- Last season every nine catches for Green resulted in a TD.
- The Steelers will look to replace 173 targets after losing both Heath Miller and Martavis Bryant.
Mitchell is working full-time as Senior Writer & On-Air Talent at Chat Sports in Dallas, TX. Mitchell is a Head Writer at Gridiron Experts and Co-Host of the Empire Fantasy Podcast. He also is a featured fantasy writer for the Fantasy Footballers and FantasyPros. Mitchell has a Ph.D. in Fantasy Football so give him a follow on Twitter @MitchellRenz365.