Late NFL Draft Rumors
- NFL Network’s Mike Mayock predicts that the Bills’ pick at No. 10 overall will be Boston College ILB Luke Kuechly. You can throw that into the many possible players taken by the Bills
- The Charlotte Observer reports that the Panthers “will” draft Oklahoma State WR Justin Blackmon if he’s available at the No. 9 pick. Of course, best player available would have to force the Panthers hand if a situation played out where Blackmon is still on the board. Personally, I don’t see him falling past 7.
- Both NFL Network’s Mike Mayock and Michael Lombardi agreed on Path to the Draft Wednesday night that Syracuse DE Chandler Jones is the best defensive player in the 2012 draft.
- SI’s Peter King reported early Thursday that he’s “hearing some noise” about North Alabama CB Janoris Jenkins going late in the first round. That’s about where we have him going, I doubt he lands on the top half of the draft board.
- Yahoo Sports’ Jason Cole confirms that Dolphins owner Stephen Ross is putting pressure on GM Jeff Ireland to find a quarterback in the draft. Ryan Tannehill to the Dolphins sounds like a near lock, unless a team leap-frogs the Dolphins to steal him I would almost put money on this pick.
- League sources tell the Cleveland Plain Dealer that the Buccaneers are “very interested” in Trent Richardson, and “might consider trading up to No. 3″ to secure him, ahead of the Browns. It’s interesting that the Bucs would be so willing to move up and pick a RB after being burned by Cadillac Williams years ago. I understand that Trent Richardson is a totally different player, a more all round running back, yet you’d think they’d be worried about a repeat scenario
- The St. Louis Post-Dispatch passes along word that “several teams” have similar draft grades on Stephon Gilmore and Morris Claiborne.
- The NFL Draft Advisory Board told Georgia Tech WR Stephen Hill in January that he had “no chance” to be drafted in the first three rounds. I bet a team like the Texans would love a player of his caliber at pick 26
- In addition to the Rams, the Patriots reportedly held an 11th-hour private workout with Kendall Wright on Baylor’s campus this week.